Unleash the beast within………..your muti-cored smartphone
In every dual-core
a PC trying
to get out.
As quoted by Ubuntu official website.
Its a brilliant product which has been common to Pc & Mac users across the globe. The absolutely free & fully functional edition of Linux.
Now what further they are trying to extend the capability is to our multi-cored smartphones. They remain android while in our pockets but the moment you latch them to a HD dock station (or something like Motorola’s Lapdock and the latest Asus Padfone station) it turns into a full fledged PC with Ubuntu.
Here are the key benefits for both Manufacturers & Consumers
Benefits for network operators
- Deliver the enterprise next-gen desktop in a single device
- Drive adoption of 4G handsets, as online apps like Google Docs shine with low-latency connections
- Expand your service portfolio from the smart phone to the smart desktop by delivering productivity desktop apps, including managed Windows apps as a service on your network
- Satisfy demand for first PCs to families in emerging economies with no legacy wired connectivity
Benefits for handset makers
- Drive sales of multi-core phones with faster CPUs, more cores, more RAM and high-end graphics
- Target lucrative markets for thin client in the enterprise and first PCs in emerging markets
- Integrate easily with Android phones already in development
- Accessorise with docks, cables, keyboards and displays
This is something manufacturers & developers should implement rapidly whether in form of new devices, updates or custom roms.