Top 10 free antivirus apps for Android phones
1. Zoner AntiVirus Free-ZONER, Inc: Great app, good user reviews. Features are mentioned below:
- Theft Protection (find and control your missing device)
- Installed app protection
- On-access and on-demand scan
- Phone filtering (block calls and messages)
- Parental lock for calls
- Permission viewer
- Task Manager
- Automatic and manual database updates
- Home screen widget
2. Lookout Security & Antivirus- Lookout Mobile Security: Similar features as AVG.
- Block malware, spyware, and trojans
- Scan each app you download to make sure it is safe
- Schedule daily or weekly scans. Get automatic, over-the-air, protection against the latest threats
- Locate your lost or stolen phone on a Google map even if GPS is turned off!
- Activate a loud alarm, even if your phone or tablet is on silent
- Log in to myLookout.com to locate your phone from any web browser, anywhere!
- Securely backup your contacts to myLookout.com
- Restore them to an existing mobile device
3. Antivirus free-AVG:
- Scan apps, settings, files, and media in real time
- Find/locate your lost or stolen phone via Google maps
- Lock and wipe your device to protect your privacy
- Kill tasks that slow your phone down
- Browse the web safely and securely
- Protects against malicious apps from viruses, malware and spyware
- Identifies unsecure device settings and advises on how to fix them.
- Ensures contacts, bookmarks and text messages are secure and safe
- Checks media files for malicious software and security threats
- Protects you from phishing attacks
- Can be run daily, weekly, or on demand
- Locate your lost or stolen mobile phone and get help with finding it via Google maps
- Turn your phone GPS on remotely and have the device send its location using GPS
- Lock your phone remotely via our Mobile Control Panel or by sending SMS to your phone to protect your data
- Set a lock screen message to help the locator find you
- Make your device ring even if your phone is on silent mode
Highly recommended. Go for it.
4. Antivirus free-Creative apps: Fast, efficient, proactive. And you’ll love the notifications when adding or upgrading apps, telling it’s clean. Creative Apps claims It uses less than 0.1% of your battery, and will let you know when such an app is detected, keeping your phone secure.
5. Dr.Web Anti-virus Light- Doctor Web, Ltd: Origins Tracing is an algorithm which allows detecting the new virus families using the knowledge database on previous threats. A unique record is created for each malicious program and describes the behavior algorithm of this sample. This provides the efficiency of detecting new modifications of the whole virus family and significantly reduces the size of virus databases. Dr.Web anti-virus Light uses this unique algorithm to detect malware.
6. NetQin Security & Anti-virus-NetQin Mobile Inc.: Great app if you have a good battery. Not recommended for all.
- Automatic virus database update
- Premium Anti-lost features allow you access your lost phone to lock it, sound a loud alarm and wipe your personal data remotely
- Anti-eavesdropping protection: scan and alarm you if spyware is installed on your phone
- Safe online banking: protects mobile payment and transactions on your phone
7. Norton Security and Antivirus-NortonMobile-Norton Inc.: Norton is there quite some time from now and is one of the most reliable antivirus softwares.
8. Webroot Security & Antivirus-Webroot Software Inc: Ranges from smartphones to tablets. Internet security & identity protection, Locates lost or stolen devices, automatically scans apps/files, blocks malware, phishing and many more
9. AegisLab Antivirus Free- AegisLab: Two noteworthy features include the Scan Mobile Malware and Database search before installation. The Scan Mobile Malware Scans for suspicious Spyware, Trojan, Virus, Malware, Attack Tool, Authorization, Privacy, Remote Control or ads on device and SD card. The Scan Mobile Malware scans for suspicious Spyware , Trojan , Virus, Malware, Attack Tool, Authorization, Privacy,Remote Control or ads on device and SD card, supports scan SD card, supports auto-schedule Scan. The Database search before installation queries remotely, quickly and efficiently which helps detecting Malware in advance.
10. Android Antivirus- Android Antivirus: One of the easiest apps to use and is suitable for any device. No complaints on Android versions compatibility yet.