Smartphones with best battery life: Mar 2013
We list out smartphones with a perfect balance in their battery life while giving you the longest possible back-up
Choosing a phone with the right battery capacity has become very crucial for smartphone buyers now. The way smartphones suck battery nowadays can make a consumer outrightly lose his head! Although, choosing a phone with a high battery capacity merely doesn’t mean it’s going to give you the best back-up in everyday use. So, we turn our heads to GSMArena‘s trust-worthy battery tests and prepare a list of smartphones (irrespective of OS), available in India and globally, with the best overall battery life. So what do the results say, let’s see..
1. Motorola RAZR MAXX- This beast here has a gigantic 3300 mAh battery squeezed into a (comparatively) small phone and boasts of a 21:18 hours of talk-time, 9:12 hours of web browsing and 16:35 hours of video playback time. We say-WOW! Though, remember, you will get these figures only if the device’s firmware is Android ICS.
2. Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100- We always knew that the 1st-generation Note phablet had a great battery, and this one is no exception too. The Note II has a large 3100 mAh battery and gives you 16:57 hours of talk-time, 8:48 hours of web browsing and a good 11:27 hours of video playback time.
3. HTC One X+- The HTC One X refresh comes with a faster processor and builds upon its predecessor with a larger battery. With 2100 mAh in its kitty, this phone gives you a good 13:31 hours of talk-time, 7:56 hours of web browsing and a good 11:27 hours of video playback time.
4. Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos- The Galaxy Grand is one spectacular handset with all-that-I-need features. Add to that, you have great battery back-up with a 2100 mAh capacity battery. You get 12:45 hours of talk-time, 7:09 hours of web browsing and 8:11 hours of video playback time.
5. HTC Butterfly- The world’s first Full HD smartphone also has some decent specs and a great battery up its sleeves! With a modest 2020 mAh battery, you get 12:18 hours of talk-time, 6:24 hours of web browsing and 8:28 hours of video playback time.
6. Sony Xperia Z- The latest horse from the Sony stable offers best-in-class specs and has a large 2330 mAh battery. It gives you a whooping 16:03 hours of talk-time, decent 6:37 hours of web browsing but a low 5:39 hours of video playback time.
7. Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III- The current flagship from Samsung has a 2100 mAh battery capacity and offers consistent battery backup across all test segments- 10:15 hours of talk-time, decent 6:27 hours of web browsing and a decent 9:27 hours of video playback time. Expect these figures with Jelly Bean on-board the phone.
8. Samsung I9105 Galaxy S II Plus- The S II refresh from Samsung packs in a 1650 mAh tiny battery, but packs in enough punch with 11:06 hours of talk-time, decent 6:40 hours of web browsing and a superb 10:00 hours of video playback time.
9. HTC Windows Phone 8X- The first and only WP8 phone on this list, packs in a small 1800 mAh battery but boasts of 11:07 of talk-time, decent 6:01 hours of web browsing but a disappointing 6:27 hours of video playback time.
We come to the end of the list, hope this feature helps you in making the right decision!
Please note that talk-times mentioned here are all 3G voice talk-time.
The Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX