Samsung Galaxy SIII receives an OTA update improving stability
Breaking the highest number of pre-orders, the Samsung Galaxy SIII has been standing tall. There’s no doubt about it. And Samsung is making sure that the current stature of the SIII remains intact and users remain contended.
Smasung has rolled out a 72 MB software package OTA yesterday. This one is reported for having increased the stability to a certain extent. The notification didn’t specify any of the updates. We found out some from user forums.
- Camera voice recognition – icon changed
- Camera voice recognition – feedback
- Camera – wand – 11 new modes
- Swype – now works in google search box
- Swype – now works in address bar for searching
- Swype – improved accuracy
- Text messages – attachment icon on the left
- Text messages – message box width reduced
- Text messages – delete specific messages in a conversation
- New widgets – splanner month, splanner task, splanner mini today, digital clock, all share cast
- Lock screen – camera launches quicker
- Audio application checkbox
- Email – update time
- Email – message body
- Redraw issue – fixed
- Adjusted the screen tone
- Long press power for silent/vibrate
- Clock – desk clock
- S planner – week view changed
- Camera Firmware has updated from GDFE01 to GDFF02
The OTA currently has been rolled out only to international Quad Core version of the Galaxy SIII but the dual core versions are expected to get the update soon.
In case you haven’t received notification for installing the new software package just yet, you can go to your settings menu and manually check for updates. Reportedly, the firmware’s build number should be I9300XXLFB, but that will vary depending on the specific versions of the Galaxy SIII.
If you find updates apart from the ones mentioned above, do let us know in the comments section below.