Samsung Galaxy Note gets an update – not ICS though
Samsung Galaxy Note, the tablet smartphone hybrid from the Korean electronics giant Samsung, gets a firmware update. This is mainly to address a few UI changes, and not so much to do with performance increase. The update is sized at bout 72.29MB followed by another 8-9MB and is available though OTA.
The Android version is still 2.3.6.
Below are some of the changes we have noticed. Please let us know if you come across anything else -
- “Swipe to unlock” written on the lock screen
- Dial icon has changes a little to have grid lines now
- On the contact page, drag towards right to call, and towards left to message
- There is also a dial button right next to the name
- While receiving or rejecting a call – arrows indicate which way the icon should be dragged respectively
- And then the biggest change – change the keyboard layout to have a numbers only column right on top, so that you don’t have to long press the keys to bring out the numbers now
We didnot go very deep into the update as there was not much hoopla about it. Even Samsung might have wanted to keep it a silent update to make the existing environment more user-friendly.
Thanks Vipin for the tip